RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Jay Hayes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF

I still have my FW 190 and 2 Lipos, but the frontal area of the FW is about the same as a can of Folgers coffee and I think that kills its speed. My Fw has this really funny looking twist to the body, You can't see it from the side, but straight on it's very visible. The plane flys straight and level. Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter, I'm not going to do anything about it, but I would like to know if they all are like that. My rear stabilizer is tilted about ten degrees from horizontal to the wing. Probably a way of dealing with takeoff torque without a rudder. I have wondered about the guys who put gear on these Mustangs so they can do "rise off ground" take offs. I own several 4 channel planes that take off from the ground and they NEED rudder to go straight on the ground. Ailerons do nothing on the ground. Some planes will actually tip onto their wingtip after landing as they slow to a stop without rudder to hold it straight. They must be using grass runways to add drag to the tail on the ground.