RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR 9303 or Futaba 9CAPS... need some advice here!!
Old 08-13-2006, 08:19 PM
Lowlevlflyer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 9303 or Futaba 9CAPS... need some advice here!!

I cringe to even bring this up, because it always ends up in a pissin contest of sorts, but I really need some input from guys that have some REAL at the field experience with both these radios. I am planning on getting into IMAC competition soon, and am about to upgrade my radio system to one that is more of a competition level system. I've been using a JR XP662 ever since I started flying a year and a half ago, and I feel I've outgrown it. I've handled both the 9303 and the 9CAPS at the shop, and they both feel good in my hands. I've read the specs and cant see that there's THAT much difference in what they will do, do, I turn to you guys that are using them both for some advice. I'm setting up a GP Gene Soucy Extra 300S right now, have a GP Patty Wagstaff Extra in the box in the shop, and will probably end up with something in the 30 to 33% range by the end of the year. I feel either of these would be perfect radios for what I'm wanting, but I just want to hear from those that are actually using either one, because no one at my field has them yet. Thanks in advance for the advice!