RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 05:45 PM
afpe45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF

@L0stS0ul,
I totaly agree with you lostsoul (who is one of the good young pilots).

@darnold,
I think you missread my post mate.I don't realy understand your response. (I am hard to understand at the best of times ,so I am told) I refered to usa pilots because in the uk we dont have the altitude problems, so don't have the same falure rate because our air isn't as thin, so in my opinnion(my guess) if you have more air flowing over the wing, around 9mph or above (my slopers wont fly in less and I don't have thin air or thin hair for that matter) but obviously not gale force winds, then you will have a more succesful launch, and if you arn't a novice then you know to expect the left torque roll under power(I agree that the down/right thrust isnt consistant in any two PZp-51's as the plastic cage is c*** ) as it is something all powered planes have and you wont be taken by suprise and can counteract it with ease,that is where I got my assumption that most of the pilots having the launch/crash problem were novices all novices(nigs in the uk forces) young or old will have this problem first time out in UK or USA or timuktoo.
my reference to young novices was an assumption that its a nice looking model ready to fly, example--"that looks good I will get one and go in the park and fly it"--- crash-- then look on the forums for advice, which they get a lot of I am sure we all agree on that.
I apologise to you and all USA pilots who thought I was getting a dig in.
As I said I have only flown slopers with only 2 yrs expierience, and no expierience with power till a month ago(aprox), I have sloped the PZ P-51 and it wont float in less than around 12 mph winds, it tip stalles all the time but with a decent wind it flies G-R-E-A-T.
So I stick to my guns on that one ,the p-51 needs a lot of air flowing over the wing to fly. so in thin air a 9 mph wind SHOULD help,when launching under power. but not being there it is only a guess.
having said that people everywhere have problems with this PZ model it has to be treated with kid gloves but parts are cheap enough (unless you are a pensioner like me)
afpe45.

PS: just try launching off a decent slope in a good wind Without power and I am sure you will agree with me.