RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 01:46 PM
L0stS0ul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF

Very cool dogfighting pics.

I would have to agree with that assessment. The FW is definitally a more refined plane. It's lighter, better battery hatch, higher wing loading I believe, hand grips for launching closer to the CG. It's definitally a more refined plane and I would love to see Parkzone update the P-51 with some of the upgrades. Parkzone learned a TON from the P-51. It's a first generation plane make no bones about it. They have made a few small upgrades but they have not changed the design over the past year and a half or so as far as I can tell. The gearbox is definitally more beefy than it used to be. That's the main thing I've noticed. I still can't find the 5mm depron wings everyone talks about. Every hobbyshop around here still stocks the 3mm wing the same as I have on mine.

I think a lot of people have problems launching the p-51 because of the akward grip you have to have to launch behind the wing. Launching back there also makes it tricky because you are pushing off behind the CG. I've never been comfortable launching from in front of the wing but it would be much more stable as your pushing off in front of the CG. I just don't like my hand that close to the prop. To be fair though both the Alfa's and the Flying Styro planes have the same issues. You just don't see as many new fliers taking their hand at those planes I've definitally seen people complaining about hand launching them as well. Just the nature of it being a warbird and a P-51

If I could go 10 flights without breaking a dang battery cover on my plane. Thank goodness they are cheap. I keep 5 in my flight box at all times.

I like both planes but I'll always keep a P-51 in my hanger.