RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 09:53 PM
darnold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF

Well, tis a sad, sad day. [&o] Mrs. Dee #1 is done, gone, finished. [&o]

All was going so, so well. I had another successful hand launch but with no wind out I had to manuever her right from the start but that wasn't a problem. [:-]

I was flying and all was well but on "A" expo I couldn't get her to roll so I put her on "B" setting.....and.......all was fine. I did crisper loops, rolls both ways and loved the extra control, life was good, no, life was very good. [8D]

I was grinning from ear to ear, all of the maintenance from this morning was paying off big time, Mrs. Dee was fast and bad (sprayed the motor to clean it out, lubed the bearings and gear train, tightened up the spur gear play and CA'd both the spur gear end and pinion end), yes life was very, very good....[8D]

....and then it happened...... I decided to do an outside loop so I took her up to about 200 ft since this was 8 times more room than what it was taking her to do normal loops.....bad, bad idea.........she lost a lot of altitude fast, I don't know if the linkage flexed or what but I figured trying to roll her right side up and pull out would be worst so I stuck with her hoping she would pull out...she almost got level upside down but not quite, was still at about a 20 degree angle....right into the ground.[X(][][:-][:-]

The good news....well Mrs. Dee #2 will be bought and flown in the next couple of weeks, once I figure out what I need. The electronics are all good and so to is the motor, gear train and elevator, but the rest of the plane is shot. [8D]

I need a fuselage, wing, cowl, spinner assembly. I see that the elevator servo is screw mounted but the aileron servo is glued so I am not sure whether I should transplant the aileron servo or not. Does anyone have any ideas on what I need to buy and what it will cost? My radio is on channel 3. Thanks guys for any advise you give.