tlgibson97

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: To the "Builders"

I think the problem with people nowadays not wanting to build ther own is they dont have the patience. They want to buy a plane and be at the field flying in the same day. I am in the process of building my first kit and Im having a blast. I had most of the airframe built in 2 weeks and it has taken a few more weeks for the finishing and details. I will probably be covering it this weekend if everything goes well. I havent ever covered anything before so it will be a learning experience for me. I have hit a few bumps along the way but the fun part is figuring them out. I wouldnt choose to build for my first plane. I bought a plane that was almost ready to fly out of the box so I dont have to be in a hurry to finish this kit, although Im very anxious to get it flying as im sure most of you all are when building. People just have to realize that they do have the time. Just a few minutes here and there will eventually finish a plane. But when they get started they will find themselves making more time becasue it is so much fun. I hear that building is a dieing art and it may very well be but you have one more to carry it on right here and I hope my son or daughter will be interested in it too. She has been helping me more. Shes only 5 but she is happy with a sanding block and a scrap piece of balsa.