carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: What engine for a H9 Cap 232 1.20(1/4 scale)

some of the newer gassers that are our are fully capable of lifting the plane while not being heavy Brillelli 26ss is with muffler and EI is 44oz. between that MVVS and Evolution engines there are plenty of gassers with power and low weight to do a decent job at flying these not the complete mistake that some would have you believe. someone i believe also posted a link to a site where a guy lightened his cap same model. after his lightening and some lightweight gasser you would be at or around the same weight to power balance you would with a saito and unmodified airframe. now you might not beable to hover at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle but certainly have aerobatic capability. plus you are adding about twice the weight of fuel so that saito 180 with 24 oz of fuel will be offset buy the 44 oz brillelli and 12 oz of fuel. i would think a g26 would be a bit too heavy to get good flying out of this plane. i have the same airframe and plan on puttiing a homelite 25cc on it. hey its my plane i can do what i want.

http://www.scottellingson.com/brillelli_012.htm

saito 180 - 2 lbs 6 oz.
brillelli 26cc - 2 lbs 11 oz.