RCU Forums - View Single Post - Predator II and Jett 50 speed
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 10:13 AM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Predator II and Jett 50 speed

ecoliburger

I have the sports jett bse 35, 50 and 90, all perform exceptionally well with no vibration problem. In my opinion, the best overall moters out there. What else could you use on a 3d airframe, and then a high speed motor scooter. If you are looking for a fast airplane, go to the quickee 500 engines with carb and look for a formula or quickee 500 airftame that is postilng speeds at near 200 mph. The carb will rob you of 2k or so, you can option out with no control of the motor, not a good sane option in my view. You will not get much past 150 with a sports engilne and sport airframe. Matney models makes a "Animal Zoomer" that will scoot with the race wing in the 150/160 range with the Jett 50, 8.75 X 8 apc at 19K, and still land decently. If you really want to go fast only, and not turn well, watch the European speed nuts who are looking for 300 mph this year. There are several guys from Germany that are on this web that are truly amazilng in what they do, and general speed knowledge. To go fast, it's expensive and you must learn to design and build your own airframes and probably props plus gain engine hop up skills. Thanks to our lawyers, we can't sxceed 200 mph per AMA in this country. It is truly amazing how much of our society is screwed up, from medical costs to immigration, thanks to our out of control trial lawyers and legal system. Sorry, did not meen to go there. Communicate with Bob Brazil (Bobs 27) for great insite and general information in the jett engineriong forum. ENJOY