RCU Forums - View Single Post - Single servo glitch with engine running
Old 08-25-2006, 11:58 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Single servo glitch with engine running

Jim, from over 30 years of computer repair (yes, pre PC), when you got into one of these head scratchers, the best approach is to start eliminating things. You have perty much eliminated the receiver as a problem, and it would seem that the replacement of the throtle servo would have eliminated it as a problem also. Doesn't leave much, the battery, switch, and the other servos.

What I would do is to unplug all the servos except the throtle. How does it work now? In fact, I would put the orginal receiver in as it seems to show the problem best. If the problem is still there, there isn't much left but the battery and switch harness. If it is gone, then plug in one servo at a time until it comes back. That one should be your problem.

Once you find the problem, I would then go back to the receiver that worked best. The others have proven themself to be noise sensitive.

Keep us informed of your progress.

Don

PS, one last thought, if I get my transmitter to close to the plane with the antena down, the servos will somethimes glitch, I discovered this when adjusting the idle needle valve. Just touching the screwdriver to the muffler would start a chatter. If I had the transmitter under the plane when it was on the stand, the chatter would start. If I pull the transmitter back to at least 5 foot, the chatter goes away, or if I pull up the antenna it goes away. I think what is happening is that you get a dirty signal with the antenna down and if the transmitter is to close to the receiver, the noise is strong enough to cause the glitching. Just a guess. My Transmitter is a Futaba 9c supper and all futaba receiver and servos, S3151's