RCU Forums - View Single Post - official mini quake thread
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: official mini quake thread

ORIGINAL: pvt_pile
Oh yeah, and the outdrive kit that you linked only works with ball diffs. If you want metal outdrives for the stock gears, you will have to go to ebay or rcmart.com
You got that backwards. The metal outdrives will work with the stock diff gear assy, but you must have the metal CVD's. So to recap, the metal outdrives WILL work with the stock gears, but will NOT work with the stock plastic driveshafts.

I couldn't agree more on the SE though. If you want a Quake, the SE is the way to go for sure. I have had my MQ for about 1.5 years now, and I have had to bring it up to SE spec to be the most fun and reliable. I wouldn't buy a stock MQ again. The plastic outdrives in the stock MQ are junk. It is very time consuming to replace them, and I would only get 1-2 runs with them before they twisted and broke. So I had to get metal CVDs (SE standard). The diff gears can't take the load of high traction and lower gearing, so I had to get ball diffs (SE standard). Finally, guys report much better luck with the metal shock bodies not leaking (SE standard) then the plastic shock bodies. I had to dump the plastic shock bodies and go to RC-18T rear shocks all around.

I just put a bunch of cash into mine- GPM Al shock towers, Graphite knuckles, Mini LST shocks, DTX VR4 motor, 6 cell blind matched pack, GPM Al spur gear, ball diffs and more.

They are VERY VERY fun trucks. I have had an RC-18MT, Mini T, Mini LST and the Mini Quake, and this is the one I decided to keep based on quite a few factors.