RCU Forums - View Single Post - official mini quake thread
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 10:30 PM
stewtheman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: official mini quake thread

Hey, hey! It's good to see an official MQ thread! I love this truck! I have both the RTR and the SE and am very pleased with both of them. I bought them at the same time and got the RTR for my wife, though I'm pretty sure I've driven it 95% of the time. Anyhow, about the whole RTR/SE debate, I think they're both very well made. I haven't had any problems with the outdrives twisting or breaking but I heard a little while ago that Duratrax upgraded the orignal design. I'm definitely not easy on this truck so I'm pretty sure they beefed them up. My SE has a 14T 540 motor in it and is quite fast. The only downside is the run time. I get about 10 minutes with my 2000mAh 7.4V LiPo's compared to an eternity with the RTR.

As much as I like it, I have been having some radio trouble lately with the RTR. Even at pretty close range it has been acting up. I read that the ESC and Rx wires should be separated and I've done that, but it still is having some issues even with fresh batteries. Any suggestions? My friend also fried the stock ESC a couple months ago after landing in a puddle of water but Duratrax replaced it no questions asked. I was very impressed with their service.