RCU Forums - View Single Post - you can change tx crystals in fm radios right??
Old 09-01-2006, 10:56 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: you can change tx crystals in fm radios right??

It may be illegal, but in my opinion (I express that it is only my opinion) that the law is retarded when crystals can be changed safely.

We as American citizens have the right, and even the obligation to voice out our displeasure against frivilous and wrong laws. Yes, we should express our displeasure against such laws and not just simply accept them as unchangeble. We can lobby (we should instead of just accept them) and have such laws cluttering our books repealed.

Look at Martin Luther King Jr. He focused on eliminating discriminatory and degrading laws in a great move to bring about more equality for people of all colors, religions,cultures, etc. They just did not lie down and accept useless and wrong laws. They stood up, started a movement, and had many of those "Jim Crow" laws repealed and eliminated.

My point is we should not just accept a frivilous law just because it is a law. We should take action by expressing our opinion and interest. We can even write our congressmen (senatores and representatives, state and federal) to vote to repeal such laws. We can even vote in appropriate people who will remove such laws or make it their effort to remove such laws when in office.

I know repealing the law prohibiting changing frequencies in 75Mhz is making a mountain out of a molehill, but the way I see it, it is removing a useless law that clutters the law books so law enforcers can focus on more important issues (primarily to protect and serve instead wasting time and effort to write citations for breaking a useless law). Besides, how many police departments can spare a policeman to patrol RC parks for illegal crystal changes? They have way more important issues to handle.