RCU Forums - View Single Post - official mini quake thread
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 08:33 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: official mini quake thread

Dale Gribble, I know what you're saying about preferring 4 shocks to 8 because of the extra maintenance, but I haven't had any issues with mine. Did you have the aluminum ones or the RTR plastic ones?
Stew- I had the RTR plastic shocks. I tried to rebuild them 3 or 4 times. They would either leak or air would get in in very short order. This coming from a guy that has rebuilt his share of shocks.

in your first pic it looks like you have a helluva lot of toe in. did you set it up that way or did you get the truck like that.
Stew- Your toe isn't that bad. Typically guys will have some toe in on their track setups; you don't have to mess with it if it doesn't bother you and handles good. Mine has toe in too and it doesn't bother me. Mostly out of non adjustable links on my part though.

How do you like the aluminum spur in the MQ? Does it cause any radio interference (metal to metal gears have been known to cause rf interference.) Does it wear both spur and pinion well?
cjg- No problems to speak of yet on interference; I did notice that when I was near then end of a run and the battery was dying that it seemed to glitch more, but not during regular running. I only have 2 runs with the metal spur, but it seems to mesh well and is very smooth.

So hows batteries on this thing, I heard you cant run a side by side pack. Also, what kinda performance are you getting with your setup, speed, runtime, etc.?
-Inverted- - I have only had 2 runs with it. Those IB1200 batteries are awesome; I noticed a very large difference in going to the IB1200 6 cell pack and Deans connectors over stock. With this setup, the truck is faster then I have ever seen and I have run it for 15-20 minutes both times. I do have a concern about this setup though. This exact setup (45/13) with the stock Duratrax motor kept the motor and ESC cool. By just changing the motor out to the VR4, now the motor and ESC are getting really hot to the touch. Problem is, I am more Nitro biased, so I don't know how 'hot' things should get before I worry. Any help there would be appreciated.