RCU Forums - View Single Post - need help jr7202 vs 9c super
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Crismedicatrix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need help jr7202 vs 9c super

Hi Ken:

Also afterwards, when you want to move on to another radio, it will be a lot easier to sell your stuff. But if you got the money get a 9c, they are great radios, as well as the JR 9 and 10 channels.
You wrote about small planes. \The size of the plane doesn´t mean it is not a sophisticated machine, in fact I flew a .049 (pacer) plane, drawings from the 70´s and it is an incredible high performance plane, outperforming many 60 size pattern planes I´ve flown. So it is good to have a radio that let´s you do a few more things like trims offsets, reversible servos, 2 or 3 rates for ailerons, rudder and elevator, and exponentials (there are several types of expos) and that can be coupled with VTR, and a few extra mixers, so that you can corret a few unwanted flight characteristics, like coupling rudder to ailerons in knife edge flight. If you like smoke,mix smoke pump to throtle, and it is good to have a couple of extra channels if you like to fly a plane with flaps and retracts for exemple. You wont be desapointed with futaba, but you wont be desapointed with JR either. I really liked my JR and inted to stick with it in the future, ( a lot less than 5 years ) I will upgrade to the 10x, but lets see what new radio JR comes up with to beat the 12 channel from futaba. Remember it is not about the number of channels, but the freedom to create that you need to go for. If you want just basic flight, I would recomending getting a very simple radio, don´t bother with too many options, It can be very confusing at first. Recomend something like a 6 channel with servo reversing and trim offsets(that is when you do your trim flight and your airplane is flying leveled the radio will remember those settings and you don´t have to worry about bumping and changing the setting) If you want helis you will need a more fancy radio, because of mixing options. If you want scale aerobatics, you can do lots with a simple set up, but you can do it easier and nicier with a fancier radio because of expos and dual and triple rates. But most important keep happy, keep simple and fly a lot!
Best regards
Cris