RCU Forums - View Single Post - wagner paint sprayer?????
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Jimmbbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wagner paint sprayer?????

Bought a Wagner 2-step Pro-Duty Power Painter to repaint the interior of the house.

After carefully reading and following the well illustrated multi lingual booklet (including the lawyer-mandated red warnings about the hazards of injecting paint into one's body parts, explosion, fire, hazardous vapors, property damage, electric shock and unauthorized repair of the unit), I started with the kitchen and got the pantry painted, after using waaay too much paint and jamming a trusty set of foam plugs into my ears (a dozen sets should be included with the unit - this sucker is LOUD!! Surprised there wasn't a red warning about hearing loss - the only real hazard I could identify).

After fighting with the damn thing for a day, I finished the job with a roller and brush... this thing is outrageously noisy (at least when used indoors), guzzles its meager supply of paint, splatters as much as it sprays, but it also leaks, so we've got that going for us.... Oh, yeah... cleanup.... messy and lengthy... Reckon this "time saving" device cost me about two additional hours on the day I tried to use it...

Maybe it requires more technique and expertise than I brought to the project, but since it is advertised as a "Joe consumer" product, I was unimpressed...

Cheers!

Jim