RCU Forums - View Single Post - Shrike 10 on OS.32SX
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 11:17 PM
nexxa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shrike 10 on OS.32SX

I not the best guy here to give tips on building! I always do my kit on the heavy side. I always put to much wood, epoxy and CA. I learn to fly alone, after breaking plane over and over; I start to make it so strong they can! break anymore!

But, I think everybody will agree, put a carbon fiber tube in the wing. It will reinforce this weak part. Folding a wing in a high G turn is bad. You can put some 3/8” square balsa spare in the stab to give it some rigidity and laminate these rudders with 1/32 balsa, they are so thin and fragile. You can put back by a 1/4" or ½” the firewall; It will be easiest to balance the model. Me I put back the firewall by 1", it was too much.

Ailerons throw are very important, I only use 1/8” up and down ailerons. The fist flight it was set to ¼”, and It was practically impossible to make it turn without making 2 rolls at the same time!

A good example of are strong are my plane. Check this small video.

[link=http://207.96.235.218/videos/sebastien/shrike_crash.wmv]Test flight 2[/link]

For sure I make a good checkup after to see if something was broken. Just broke the prop and spinner. The first one, I take off full throttle. The engine thrust make the plane roll left a bit. On the second try, I try it half throttle, it was just not enough!!! I decide to kill the engine and try to land it before hitting somebody by trying to recover my bad take off.