RCU Forums - View Single Post - Measuring speed with acoustics and a tape recorder...
Old 02-02-2003, 06:48 AM
rsieminski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Measuring speed with acoustics and a tape recorder...

On the color palette/scroll display, play with the db, range and gain. It helps if no-one else is flying. Play the tape into the mic, then hit scan input, then in the lower right hit record enable. Then when the spectrum starts to come in hit save, then stop when you are done. Then hit analize file, and mess with the color palette/scroll display until you get something you can use. I use 16384 for the FFT, and bump the band up to 150. Put the time scale on the lowest number your pc will handle, I think 0 might be automatic.

I got 108mph yesterday as the fastest run, after tweaking half the night, I got 121 today. The difference in reaction time is exponential. Great prog!

Hmmmm, question: I have a Mag 25 spinning a MA 9x4 at 17.5K on the ground, you could really hear it unload in the air, I just had no idea how much. The results say consistantly 75 to 85 mph and 18.5 to 19.2K. How is this possible? 4 pitch at 19.2 should be only about 73mph?