RCU Forums - View Single Post - Weston-50 Seizes, Magnum trashed...
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weston-50 Seizes, Magnum trashed...

Wow thanks everybody!

Bob- It stopped suddenly.... Instantly actually- What does that mean? I have not tried to do anything to the engine (like turn it over) cuz the dirt and stuff--- It does rotate a "little" til the compression then it sounds like a metal stop! The Webra-50GT went with the Patriot ARF I sold to Kevin at the last Revvers..

Gary- No, they recommend Synthetic fuel so I was using 15% CP- I had run it for a couple minutes at home just to check the fuel system... Ran perfectly, hand started which I thought was cool- 9x7, fairly rich on launch, little smoke---

d plane boss (AKA Herve Villechaise)- Thanks! I will definitely send it in but unless it is ALL free, I will complain like a little girl (no offense to any little girls on the forum).
I followed the manual perfectly, even bought that special fuel for it... If they do not make good I will advise them what they can do with their engine [X(] The pipe is still pretty though...

As a side note the recommended CG is VERY conservative--- I went a little tail-heavy based on RCU research and it was still VERY nose heavy with a full, whopping 6 oz. of fuel. Over half my elevator travel was used to keep it level/ slightly climbing, and I have WAY more travel than they recommend (3/4 inch?)- So when she locked up, in level flight doing who knows how fast (130?) I knew I would run out of elevator pretty quick. AND I DID! It is a sad feeling being 150 feet up, getting the wings level, then running out of elev. so she goes in nose down. The cart-wheel was an added bonus Wings level, ground/bush/ terra firma whatever not level!