RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nexstar vs Avistar vs Magister
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 08:06 PM
deathsprial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nexstar vs Avistar vs Magister

Hey Pete I may be late with this post but here goes. I have both the Nextstar and the Magister both have been converted to electric motors. I like the Nextstar for it looks but for durabulity there is no beating the Magister. I have hit anything that you could you could think of. I have had this plane for about 2 years but the one thing that made me say wow to this plane is i was doing touch and goes and ran into a fire hyndrant. Without thinking i took it off again and was flying a little funny i was up about 150 feet and watched the wings come off. I figured when i got to the plane there would be nothing left. The only damage was the motor mount broke and a little foam missing where the screw that hold on the wings on. Filled the holes with hot melt glue drilled it out and good as new. Dont get me wrong the nextstar is a tough plane also but my point on this is a wood plane would have been badly damaged compared to this. I see that you are in Malden Mass I am in Lowell. I also see that you have goten that wonderful greating from the local flying clubs. I gave up on them a long time ago a lot of them are run by people who are doing nothing good for the hobby but driving away the newbeis in the hobby. I also got tired of them saying " take that toy home with you". I fly with my brother now and if he gets a chance he will post some vids. I am going to fly for the first time tommorow my easystar.