RCU Forums - View Single Post - Diamond Dust RC out of business?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 08:00 PM
lbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Diamond Dust RC out of business?

I was in the market for a duster myself. could'nt get one was going to build one (plans are on the internet for a coroplast model). I was going to use the plane for the coroplast and sub in balsa where needed.

I walked into my local hobby store and found the Model tech Mach Racer, put out by Global models. It takes a .46 2 stroke and although it isnt a Duster it does come close. For $99.00 street price, I thought to myself I can't build one for that price.

It does fly ok for a delta. Needs lots of up for the landing flare. At full throw it will has a spin rate out of this world. The plane weight is 3.5lb ready to fly and will go vertical without slowing down.

The only thing I dont like about it is the covering scheme. Yellow, white, purple and black on the top and black/white checker on the bottom. On a overcast day it is hard to tell top from bottom.

I lost a radio crystal on my last flight and it came down in some trees. Easy fix but need to recover the entire plane. I selected chrome and yellow top and solid yellow bottom with a big stars and stripes on one wing pannel. I am sure I will be able to tell top from bottom now.

I am in the process of adding a pipe to the Macoa .46.

Should be interesting on my next flight.

Larry Barnes