RCU Forums - View Single Post - help!! what do you think?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 08:51 PM
mrodgers88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help!! what do you think?

Not sure if it flies like my Aerobird Challenger (ABC) but just faster or not. I'm new (3-4 weeks), but I think I can give you some pointers. If the ABX is just a fast version of my ABC, then if you get it into trouble, then just letting go of the sticks should self-right the plane and allow you to keep flying. That said, you should get it quite high, much higher than the treetops. You want to be 3 mistakes high, that way, you can just let the plane level itself by letting go of the sticks.

I flew my first flight ever with only the help of 5 and 2 year olds running through the field to retrieve downed planes. I tossed the plane and just let it climb until it was maybe 200-300 feet? I can't judge altitude at all. Anyways, I then just circled around using very small stick movements. I did this for a week and never crashed. I belly landed it in high grass, so the landings were more like controlled crashes, but that was it. It wasn't until I started flying real low (like 5 feet off the ground) and started doing loops and rolls that I crashed.

You need to get it up to altitude where you have enough for the plane to self correct. And, at first use very small stick movements to get it to turn.