RCU Forums - View Single Post - Maybe the most Extreme!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:39 AM
ace-RCU
My Feedback: (226)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Maybe the most Extreme!

ORIGINAL: huey-pilot

For more power than the Jett 50 and the same weight use a Jett 60LX, both are on the same size crankcase. I have a Jett FIRE 60LX on a Diamond Dust that is fast. The engine turns a 8.8x9 APC at 19,600 on the ground and a 8.8x8.5 over 20,000. The Diamond Dust seems to hit a wall when you get to the speed that these things are flying, I don't think that 200 is possible unless the airfoil is changed and the engine is cowled for streamlining. I have another DD with a Nova Rossi .21 turbo that is almost as fast but doesn't have nearly as much acceleration from the launch. The Nova Rossi is turning over 28,000 on the ground with a cut down APC 7x8 propeller. I would estimate that neither of these planes exceed 150 mph. The speed of these planes doesn't change much whether the plane is going straight up, straight down or in level flight.

huey-pilot, I don't know what your doing but my Dust with a YS 45 and a APC 9/10 was radared over 160+++
Also have my buddies cliped wing Dust and it's hard to follow 180 +++++++++
Another guy we fly with has gone 200 with his Dust and so have I but we might be off?? I know alot of people think there going fast but??, I fly Turbines as well and know what a 200 mph pass is like.
Even if the GPS or the radar gun ect... is off there still hauling asssssss. Gettin old but still like to haul ass every now and then
BRG,Billy