RCU Forums - View Single Post - ARF or Kit?
Thread: ARF or Kit?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 08:03 PM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ARF or Kit?

I agree with that statement. But to prove a point, look at the Arizona Planes and tell me that they aren't award winning? Go to KMP and tell me there Bf-109E isn't very good? If I took any of those planes to a show... people of all ages and backgrounds would drool! And they are ARF and ARC's. Sure they're $ 700 to $800. I wouldn't want my equipment in a cheap airplane anyway, and many of us don't mind paying for the quality... I for one am one of them.

I have thought about spending $ 6,000 for the ready to fly Albatros DVa, but I wrote to them and told them that I was waiting for there second edition Fokker Dr-1 ARF to come out. I also wrote Great Planes, and they are thinking of bringing back the Fokker Dr-1. KMP is coming out with a Stuka and Focke Wulf A-8 soon. I wrote to Hanger 9 and they do have Axis planes in the works, just won't tell me ahead of time what they are because it's against there policy. It makes sense... the competition is enormous with these ARF companies. For all they know I could be a spy. [8D]

Peter Dowling aka Luftwaffe Oberst
AMA District II # 856404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY