RCU Forums - View Single Post - Air Hogs Aero Ace!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 09:31 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Ayrton, if I could figure out how I missed the earlier post... I am simply replacing the motor. Clip and strip, solder and insulate. I can't figure out what my problem is, but I have dead airplanes after I'm done.

The stir stick mod gives you more positive control over the airframe. The drawback is that hitting a gust of wind or a thermal will also give you a feedback. The theory behind the stir stick mod is to allow the energy created by the wing to be transmitted back to the fusalage(fuse). This mod is a bit harder to fly, but once you get it figured out you want all of your birds to fly the same. I still enjoy the mono mods, but I have another mono mod that is getting ready for the stir stick mod. BTW, my night flier is not a stir stick, but is a mono mod. It may get winglets though.

A novel thought, If you try out a members mod, let the member know. If it doesn't work out, or if it does. I mod in a vacuum, I'll post what I'm doing and tell you my results. But I'm modding to my flight style. I may think I've figured out a new wrinkle for better flight and post on it. I'll get no response, I'll keep flying it but unless asked about it won't push it. Canards come to mind. So does the W mod. And silk ribbon. DJstinger acknowledged the stir stick mod twice(thank you again), suzonka tried out the toothpick mod, (try the stir stick mod it's better). We all work better in an environment that gives us feedback, both good and bad. And if all you want to do is fly and read, great, but take 1 minute and let anyone that helped you get a better flight know that they helped. Sorry about the diatribe, but I think it needed to be said.

Tim