RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kangke Waco Biplane
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 06:54 AM
mga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kangke Waco Biplane

Glad all went well with your Waco. With the engine you are using, I see that with the 1 degree positive incidence you did the right thing. As I guess you will not be flying it inverted very often. But with that amount of incidence make sure your nose is not up too much or she will stall. Me with the 40cc I fly her inverted for at least 1/4 of the flight. so having 1 degree negative on the top wing makes my life easier inverted, and I can land with tail down and nose up without stalling.
As you are aware that I have hundreds of flights on mine, the only problem I am having is the strut bolts that hold the wing, some of them have begun to strip, and the result has been they hold no more. I will have to open up the wing this winter, and put in some new blind nuts. I am still flying the plane but no more snaps and high torque manuvers.
In my case the B&B landing gear reinforcements have worked great. I did not have the problem of bouncing. I know I do not have the original wheels, so maybe that is why my does not bounce. Like I said over 400 flights and counting.
This is the plane to go to after the Great Planes Super Stearman.
Also you will notice when you go to different clubs with it, you will be the star of the day. For some reason, nobody has seen the plane, so it is a very popular plane at the fun flys.
Have you any pics of your Waco in flight or close ups of the landing gear. Would be nice to see.
Thanks for your report.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45709.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	543216