RCU Forums - View Single Post - RX imtermittant faults
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2003, 01:36 PM
titch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX imtermittant faults

Hi guys I have a question which is casuing me a little concern. I have been given a JR 649 s reciever which has a history of intermitant faults. I used it in my home for a couple of months with no problems and decided to use it in a plane. it worked brilliantly and gave rock steady performance and pased all the obvious safety checks. However the following week I switched on and it was dead. However after removing and reinserting the xtal it was restored to health and flew perfectly. I have cleaned the xtal pins and they were definatley dirty. However I dont quite know what to do next. I have checked it for obvious faults and cant see any. It is working fine at the moment and has previously been checked by JR service center and pronounced okay so I cant see the point of sending a working reciever back. It would be different if it had stopped working- there would be a definate fault to repair. Any one had a similar experience and any ideas on where to go. i am currently testing it in a cheap hack aircraft