RCU Forums - View Single Post - AVOID THESE ARF's AT ALL COST!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 07:45 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AVOID THESE ARF's AT ALL COST!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: LuftwaffeOberst

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

I have not time to read this entire thread....how does the Giles 202 from GIANT SCALE PLANES fit in this good bad or what catagory? Thanks Capt,n

Stay away from GSP Giles 202, It's a CMP kit. You are much better off getting something from Great Planes, Goldberg, Sig or Hanger 9. You will be able to use the hardware, and the covering will be much better. Plus you get better written instructions. Many CMP's don't have the directions, and if they do they are very vague.

Peter Dowling aka Luftwaffe Oberst
AMA District II # 865404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY

------------

I like CMP kits. Why? Because they are easy to modify and they are inexpensive.

Are they good ARFs? It depends upon your approach to modeling. If you want something that will fall together when you open the box and shake it, you might want to look at the more expensive ARFs from Hanger9 and GP, just to name a few. If you want to do things your way, the CMP kits are excellent for bashing. I don't feel so bad when I tear out CMP's work and replace it with my own. I feel bad when I do the same thing to a more expensive ARF over a minor point of contention.

Being an OF, I am amazed at how far ARFs have come over the years. Pardon me. I have a Funtana X100 awaiting my attention. <G>