RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone recognise this bird and engine?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:56 PM
phatboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone recognise this bird and engine?

A friend of mine dropped this off the other day for me to check out and get into airworthy condition again. I have no idea how old this plane is, or the engine for that matter. We are starting to wonder if the engine, and electronics are even worth saving.

Friends name is Brian. Brian is just wanting to get started in r/c, and he couldnt put my sim down the other day. He had these put away in his house for a while now. They were payment for a job he did for a friend of the family. He wants to get into the hobby for little initial cost, so he wants to know if this will do the job. He is prepared to spend the money if he needs too, but we figure why waste a perfectly good example of older modeling.

He has the one in the pics below, as well as another. The 2nd is a low wing WW2 fighter looking plane he said, brown on top, white belly, with us-1970 on the side with a star. It supposedly clocked at over 100mph.

Take a look at the pics, and lemme know what you think. The radio is a futaba 4channel, with no frills what so ever, the engine is a K&B engine, but it doesnt have any displacement markings. I dont know what the plane is.

Can you help?