RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bomb drops and drop tanks
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2002, 04:48 PM
Shihtzutan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bomb drops and drop tanks

Thanks for the prompt reply,

Wing pylons are vacum formed typical stuff found in nearly all Top Flight kits, height is 1-9/16 overall from center. At present I've got a piece of 1/6 ply mounted in the pylon near where the bomb or tank would mount. The width in the inside 1" in the center but both ends are tapered like a teardrop.

Bellcranks seem to be a good idea, my vision is a built up, side mounted bellcrank, or simple arm with a pivot point. The plastic pylon would only be a sleeve. However, with only one trip/trigger, how are you getting around the bomb dangling from a single point?

I'm sort of thinking that a plastic tube mounted the long way on top of the bomb or drop tank. This fitting into a groove in the lite-ply; a simple cable inside the pylon holes the ordnance in place. The longitudinal mounting holds the ordinance straight. I think the trick is to get the cable flexible enough to be guided into the pylon, make the corner, then travel straight enough to be guided into tube and out the other side where it is held by another piece of tube. What do you think?