RCU Forums - View Single Post - Byron Mustang w/Original Byron 50--Will it Fly?
Old 11-07-2006, 09:52 PM
spitmad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Byron Mustang w/Original Byron 50--Will it Fly?

ORIGINAL: mtnflyer14

Alan,
I intend to finish my Byron Mustang this winter. It too is the older single wing design. I have built it as the plans dictated, with the single servo aileron system. You said it is 'sloppy'--enough so that I should consider going to the trouble of redesigning the ailerons for two wing-mounted servos?
Second issue is that I have never dealt with pneumatics before. The lines that I have are the originals and are probably 12-14 years old. Should I go to the expense of buying and installing new lines just to be safe?
My Mustang does not have the gear reduction/4 blade prop modification, but is there any other areas I should be paying attention to as I finish the model? Thanks in advance, Gus

Gus

The aileron mods are relatively easy...go to the RC Warbirds site http://www.rcwarbirds.com/advisorjack4.htm#q86 and you will find the instructions of how to do it.......just a matter of cutting access panels in the wings and installing a ply box .
I have noticed that my Byron is very lazy on the ailerons and does not centre after a roll and takes some pushing to get it out of a steep sweepning turn...........after reading the thread on the aileron mods this explains everything!

regards

Alan