RCU Forums - View Single Post - Air Hogs Aero Ace!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Ayrton S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Hey all!

Does anyone have some data on the effect of increasing the length of the tail boom on an AA? Our indoor season starts this weekend and I'm going to take my extended wing (winglet) mod along to give the other guys something to laugh at/ dodge.

BUT, the tail looks really short now with the enormous wingspan. Based on the 'if it looks right it'll fly right principle', well, it don't! I've got some nice long black drinking straws, unfortunately exactly the same diameter as the tail boom. Anybody tried this? I could even save some weight too.

BTW, the mod actually glides much better in the wingletted format, and I've improved the glide further (in the bedroom) by moving the BluTak ballast from the nose to the tail. Haven't tried powered flight with this mod since I lost it on its maiden - I reckon indoors should tame it tho!

Incidentally, (and this is from about 6 pages ago, Ive been out of touch a bit!) re the SKODA plane featured by Neuro or Micro; Skoda still make cars in Europe (Czech Republic actually) recently under VW management. Before the takeover they were the butt of many crappy car jokes such as "what do you call a Skoda with twin exhausts? - a wheelbarrow!" and "what do you call a Skoda with a sunroof? - a dumpster!" (see what I did there I americanised the original text from 'skip' to 'dumpster' sorry rambling).

Cheers

Ayrton