RCU Forums - View Single Post - Purple Brushless Electric Ultimate BiPe
Old 11-11-2006, 01:17 AM
Rube Goldberg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Purple Brushless Electric Ultimate BiPe

Just a note from some further propeller testing with the Park 450/Phoenix 35/11.1V lipo battery in the little Ultimate bipe---should definitely be 3D'able with an APC 11X4.7E propeller, but this prop makes the plane fly really funky in general flight. I think it is just too much torque for the short wingspan. APC 9X7.5SF propeller is a bit better to get off the grass strip vs. the 9X6SF, the little Ultimate will cruise around nicely at about 65% power in a no wind situation and the battery run time is very near that of the 9X6SF at 15 minutes or so. Aerobatics are fine as well.
The suggested flight control throws are waaaaaaay too much. About 7 mm up/down for the ailerons and the elevator is plenty. Much more in the elevator will tend to cause a snap roll at the top of a loop on its own.....spins are very tight and make sure you have plenty of altitude to recover. Recovery is basically just let go of the sticks, but get on the power quick or else the dreaded "secondary stall" is just right around the corner!
I've probably put 25 or so flights on mine, it just gets better every flight--especially on a very calm day just tooling around.