RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro models pusher Bobcat?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 12:32 AM
AGR413
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

ORIGINAL: dragonpilot

ORIGINAL: nony

Thanks for that excellent report, gehr2box. Did you mount the main gear as per the plans, or did you rotate them to bring the wheels closer to the cg? On landing, was there any risk of the prop hitting the ground as you flaired??

now, having read everyone elses contributions to this thread, it is time for me to start contributing as well... I think that the 55 AX would probably be the engine of choice, but as I have a 46FX sitting here doing nothing, I am using that, and taking the "keep-it-light" road.

With that in mind, and not being too keen on the elevator servo setup, I started by installing the servo right in the stab. My first choice was the 5125 digital wing servo, but I found the 85MG would fit as well...same 42oz of torque and a couple of grams lighter. I used a Hobby Lobby servo hatch and it literally fell into place.. I also found that the 85MG's would fit in the rudder servo holes as well. So, I figure that using 3 mini servos instead of 4 standard servos saves a little over 4 ounces right in the tail, and that will also reduce the balance weight needed.............
So you've got 1 HS85mg on the stab? Hopefully that is enough, should be I would think.. I've got it setup the trad. way with 2 85mgs on the stab, 1 85mg for each rudder, 1 225mg on each aileron, and a hitorgue car servo on the steering. 2 4 cell nimhs (about 3100mah) packs in the nose for balance with a tower .75 as the plant and batt to fly all day, I tell you I wrench on this thing just to see what it can handle. For testing, I do full throttle snap rolls, come into a straight dive and yank the sticks. I couldn't do anymore stress on this airframe,. I've got removable wings, stabs and just temp. clear tape the wing gaps. time for retracts on the next one.

Bud, nice to hear the 0S.55ax works for you, I've got one but put it in my lancair, broke in the engine, started instantly and idle flawlessly right out the box without adjustment, I'm very impressed thus far with this engine, very nice workmanship on it. Will maiden the lancair this week, may try it on the bobact but the tower .75 works great for now.
Dragon,

Are you using the nylon bolts on the tail booms, have you had any trouble?