RCU Forums - View Single Post - Air Hogs Aero Ace!
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 12:25 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Aero Ace!

neurotex,
the 10" model with an N20/cap should be a good combo, i wonder why she doesnt climb hard. did you try adjusting the motors angle and CG (probably a silly question)? there's more drag on a wing type plane, and with the prop getting blocked it creates a little more drag, but there should still be pleanty of power to push that plane around. maybe a bit of up trim on the flaps would even do it.

mine has a lot less dihedral than yours it looks like, i didnt really measure the angles when i put it together, but there havent been any problems so far. even when i whip it up for a loop, she almost always went all the way around rather than rolling out of it. however, i built a 10 inch version as well, but this one has the channel in it. it has even less dihedral, no rolling issues, but this one turns to a spiral every launch, no matter what. if i try to toss it to the right a bit to compensate for a left hand spiral, she just spirals right my wings look dead straight, and i had even put a verticle stab on it to act as a rudder, but she still spirals.

i'm guessing its the channel. my plans got a bit warped and twisted when i printed, so the channel peices came out larger than they shouldve been. the channel needs to be trimmed down and i need to find a way to make the channel bend in a perfect half circle, with CF i suppose, and the remount it and see if it helps. assuming it does fly, the SWP parts will get some use. heck, it might even be the pointed upper deck wing, rather than the rounded one - who knows?

nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63941.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	562460   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29410.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	562461   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24190.jpg
Views:	15