RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone Super Decathlon Review
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 02:49 AM
Sinai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone Super Decathlon Review

Hello members and guests,
More on the PZ Decathlon and questions as well.
Anyone seem to have the prop shaft come out of the plastic gear? I read somewhere that they can overheat. Mine did and melted onto the plastic bushing of the gear box after only 6 minutes full throttle. Will washers between the plastic gear and the bushing insidde the gear box help at all? I've done so and put a tiny dab of tefon grease to lubricate the washers (not the gears). I got one flight out of it since my brother gave the plane to me. He crashed it and called it a "peice of crap" before giving me the plane. I want to see it fly, and shw my brother the SD's in good hands.
I admire the plane's looks. The PZ Super Cub is so much easier to fly though. The SD is hard for me to control because of the crashes before I got it. It turns right but not left. Yet the rudder appears to be fine and so does the control horn and its movement as well on the ground....Is it supposed to be unruly? Well it makes it fun to fly a challenge. I'll take it out first chance I get. Now wth a PZ high pitch prop, and new prop shaft assembly. IS THE SD WORTH THE $$$ to modify????