RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fieseler Storch, Fi-156 Svensson Kit
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 01:54 AM
SPACE COWBOY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fieseler Storch, Fi-156 Svensson Kit

HI! This is my first post on rcu, so I may not be asking the right questions. here goes. I also have a Svensson storch kit that I bought several years ago but didn"t have the skill or experience to build it. I'm not sure if instructions came with the kit or not, but the kit is complete (all sub-assemblies are still unopened and in their original bags) I'd really like to have the plane built by an experienced builder who would actually enjoy doing it(for a good price) but so far I haven't been able to find anyone locally who was enthusiastic about taking it on. I have several good pictures (walk-arounds) of the real plane, as well as a book on the plane. Would a RCV-90 be a good engine choice? (I really don't want the cowl cut up) I like the idea of a four-stroke engine for realistic sound, but electric would be an option if cutting the cowl was unavoidable. I may entertain the option of selling the kit if I can't find some help in getting it built, but I'd prefer to keep it, as it's one of my favorite designs. Does anyone happen to have a picture of the storch used to rescue mussolini in WWII or know what markings were on the plane? (color scheme, etc.) Any help would be great! Thanks, Blair