RCU Forums - View Single Post - Starting an Enforcer or Force One
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2003, 04:22 PM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting an Enforcer or Force One

Cub:

No, you will not need an extension on the starter. The remote glow is a clip that fits over the glow plug with wires that move the actual glow igniter connection somewhere away from the engine. I mounted mine about half way in front of the engine on the right side of the fuse. I think I used a DuBro unit but there are many on the market (DuBro, Sullivan, McDaniel, etc) and all use the same principal.

On the Enforcer, if your glow plug igniter happens to fall off of the glow plug on the engine head, you will probably puncture the monokote behind the prop slot. (Don't ask). I eventually sheeted that area.

This airplane is fun to fly. You will not miss not having rudders either. Lands slowly. Stable in flight with no bad habits EXCEPT the usual delta wing thing where if you bleed off too much airspeed then attempt a bank and turn you are probably going to fall out of the sky. If you see the wings start to wobble, add power!! I now have a Delta Vortax (tractor delta) and it has the same characteristics.

Some construction hints.

Do not use the flexible rods that come in the kit to control the ailerons and elevator. Mount servos at the rear of the wing and use short pushrods.

Be sure to add the reflex to the ailerons (4 degrees UP) as shown on the plans. The plans also say to put the reflex in the elevator also. I have had better luck (as have others) with just reflexing the ailerons.

Make very sure that the fuse is not twisted before you glue the formers.

Make very sure that the wing ribs that are on either side of the vertical fins are at 90 degrees. Measure many times then glue. figure on gluing the vertical fins to the wing rather than use angle brackets and screws. USE GLUE.

Take you time building. The wing is not that hard to build but it is flimsy on the board until you start to anchor it with spars, etc.

Have fun...

Dan