RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro models pusher Bobcat?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

ORIGINAL: XJet

ORIGINAL: Crazy4Flight
I used Hitec HS-225MG for the rudders and dual elevators, HS-425BB on the ailerons.
Ewwww. Cross your fingers and hope to fly.

Do a search on HS225 problems -- you'll find plenty of them.

I bought three of these (HS225MG) servos and they all stripped out real quick. The problem is the tiny nylon gear that is driven by the motor pinion. It's just 0.8mm (30 thousandts of an inch) thick and has teeth so fine you can barely see them. The slightest knock -- or even a puff of breeze :-) is enough to strip that baby.

I did some tests and found that there is *no* difference in geartrain strength between the MG and the nylon-geared version -- because even with the plain (cheaper) nylon gears, that tiny little cog is always the first to go.

In fact, the only thing you get from the meta-geared version is more slop and faster wear.

I certainly would not trust any model to an HS225, least of all a model capable of traveling at speeds that would make it lethal if you accidentally hit someone.

And, just for the record -- I'm a Hitec fan. I've got over 50 Hitec servos from HS81s through to HS5955TGs. Of all those servos the *only* ones that have *ever* failed me were the HS225 -- and the *all* stripped within a flight or two -- even when used on throttle!

I don't know how you fly but I have never blown out a 225 in flying.

Do a search on any servo and you will find some kind of problem or grip.

I lost the gears in a JR 8231 servo the jet rolled while in my truck and bumped the elevator back driving the servo and the gears failed. IS it a bad servo NO!

Guys fly combat with HS81 HS-85 get hit mid air servo loosses it gears are the servos bad or faulty NO!