RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro models pusher Bobcat?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 04:53 PM
gehr2box

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Yup reduced aileron throw. I still have the 50mm available on high rates. I pretty much left the elevator throw stock. I juggled the expo a bit to get a comfortable feeling for my style of flying.

On my elevator and rudder servo mounting (used 2 HS125's on rudder as well, needed to carve a bit to get a flush mount) I covered the servo openings with yellow monocote and it looks like a perfect color match as well. I thought about making some covers, but the monokote generates less drag and no screw heads... and it was easier to get done quickly so I could fly it that weekend.

ORIGINAL: Wayne22

- Reduced ail throw for low rate to about 30mm total travel. The recommended 50mm total throw is excessive for most flying I do. It rolls plenty fast with the lower rate. Would make for an interesting 1st flight with the recommened throws without expo!
That is for the ailerons, right?

A couple of people looking at my kit have commented on how some of the hardware looks a lot like hanger 9 stuff. When shrinking the wrinkles in the covering, it sure behaved a lot like Ultracote. and the When it came time patch the stab after some surgery, the Ucote bright yellow as a perfect match....Hopefully it is just the trim that is the lower quality stuff..