RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro models pusher Bobcat?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 05:58 AM
gehr2box

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Next to a 428 class Q500 pylon racer I'd say the Bobcat would be a good training aid toward flying a turbine. It's fast and the sweep in the wing will display behavior similiar to most jet planforms. It can be landed fast if desired, but slows down to around pattern plane landing speeds. The pusher prop helps to get you familiar with controling a plane without the benefit of prop blast directly on the controls.

Make no mistake though, while fast, it is only 1/2 to 2/3 the speed of most jets I have seen. It's relatively light, has a flat bottom airfoil, no flaps or retracts. Pricewise I don't know if you could find a less expensive jet trainer. A 428 Q500 would get you closer to jet speed, but the motor needed to get that speed would set you back a few dollars (but cheap compared to the turbine!)

My $.02 worth.

ORIGINAL: kenazzo2000

have you flown your bobcat.im getting 1 in 2 weeks.do you think it is good to train with it because ive got a turbine saab viggen and i need to fly something that will make me learn thanks i need advise