RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-Hawk vs. Aerobird Challenger??
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 03:01 AM
bluex80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-Hawk vs. Aerobird Challenger??

I'm looking into getting an aero bird or firebird. both are carried with parts at my local hobby store, and as cool as the slow stick and easy star loo, i can only afford what i can afford. I even looked at a 2 channel yellow bee ( looks like a one off areo bird with motor thrust + steering.
My question is this, I work at a large park. 5 soccer fields, and four baseball diamonds. It's 160 acres total with half of it open space ( wooodlands). Other than lighting on the playingfeilds presenting a very real danger, space isn't an issue. I have talked to flyers who come their on lunch breaks and after work. Everyone from very advanced 3-d flyers, to novices with Yellow bee's and Air hogs with 2 channel from walmart.
My co-worker owns a one off of the aerobird, not sure wich brand, and has gone through several body's, as the tail boom tends to breack off right in front of the V- control surfaces. I recently talked to some guys flying several RTF's and ARF's of the toy not to scale variety, and they suggested I not buy the firebird line of planes for the problem they have with the bad rear section breaking. They suggested the aero bird, as they haddn't heard of this being a problem with them. They were quick to point out that even the Yellow bee from harbor freight tools had not broken as easily and it had had several bad crashes.
Is this true, has anyone heard of the firebird line having a problem with the body where it connects the the rear control surfaces. Manufacturer defect, or myth?