RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-Hawk vs. Aerobird Challenger??
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 06:26 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: T-Hawk vs. Aerobird Challenger??

ORIGINAL: bluex80

Is this true, has anyone heard of the firebird line having a problem with the body where it connects the the rear control surfaces. Manufacturer defect, or myth?
BlueX80,

Welcome to the fun of RC flying. Based on your post, I presume this is your first plane.

Sounds like you will have help and plenty of room. That will make a huge difference.

I have the original Aerobird and the Aerobird Challenger. After a total of over 600 flights, as well as having a BUNCH Aerobirds at our club I have never seen a tail boom broken. I am sure the right kind could of crash could cause it but I have never seen one.

The only Firebird ( there are a bunch of different Firebirds ) I have heard of that has had this problem is the Firebird Scout. I have never seen one broken on a Firebird Commander, Firebird Commender II, Fighter Bird or a Firebird XL.

Having said that, I always recommend the Aerobird Challenger over the Firebirds because it has 3 channels, which will give you a greater ability to handle wind AFTER you learn how to fly the plane in calm air.

The New HobbyZone Super Cub is also getting rave reviews by beginners.

And, of course the T-Hawk is an excellent choice and an excellent value too. Once you add the cost of an extra wing, extra tail and an extra battery, all of which you will want to get with the Aerbird, the T-Hawk is close in price. Some feel it is a better plane. However you give up the X-port options and local parts.