RCU Forums - View Single Post - Viper 500
Thread: Viper 500
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Edge 540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Viper 500

Here is a Jpeg of the chart. I left everything there including the start, engine run ups etc. I usually go in and edit out the excess but not this time. As you can see, the second half of the flight was wasting fuel at 1/2 throttle mostly.

The stalls are evident at the spikes of low speed at 505 and 515. My theory is that the first stall had the pitot tube on the outboard wing in the spin but the second stall forced a spin in the opposite direction. The first stall only slowed to 18mph but the second one was at 0. The pitot on the outboard wing would register airspeed and it was on the bottom half so flow separation would not be an issue (I think). The first stall/spin lost almost 280 feet in the process! I think it was 3 or 4 rotations to recover. I did let it build up airspeed really well before pulling out too, so it wasnt as dramatic as it appears.

My 136mph pass was out of a 630 food dive while other dives produced three other passes in excess of 130. Each was from around 480 feet and not nearly as steep. My fastest speed not immediately after a dive was around 128.

I'm not quite satisfied with the engine tuning yet. It was unloading sometimes but not others. I want to get it really dialed in and record some consistent flat line speeds.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65083.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	571420