RCU Forums - View Single Post - a lil mod fer D whitestuff.
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Timmahh
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: a lil mod fer D whitestuff.

that and the pic of that sweet muffler Hellya posted is where i got the idea. THANX!

ah how did i put the 1/2 into the 3/4 is the ? of the week. ANCIENT CHINESE SECRET!! Lol no. its actualy VERY Easy. use a 3/4 to 1/2 reducer bushing for copper pipe! VIOLA. done. to fit to the XCAN i used a 1/2 to 3/4 adapter into a 3/4 street el, the bushing inside the El and the 1/2 in the bushing. the trick is you need to use 1 reducer bushing and cut it in half, so you have room for the 3/4 pipe to cover the 1/2 pipe. this all copper set up is fairly heavy though. im looking at useing alum. pipeing, but its not the same as teh copper as its 3/4 measurement for the aluminun is O.D. and with copper its I.D. so im still looking for the correct adapter pieces to get the weight down some. then 2 1 in pieces of silicone tubing to put the can and the extensions together and zip strip them. i also fabbed a hanger to go to the original hanger position to help hold the extensions solidly in place.

the stuffing is my only draw back at the moment. i deffinatly want to use some, for dirt more than anything. but finding the right material has been a bit of a pain.

Timmahh