RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can you start a heli's blades mid-air?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:23 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Can you start a heli's blades mid-air?

I prefer controling the engine seperatly. We have an early F28A '71 and a new 2004 F280FX. The FX has a corralator so it acts similar to a tubine and most people prefer it but I like being able to do minor adjustments. my friend always laughs at me because I like the old one better. He does too but the new one is so pretty.
Two rotors, That is a whole nother ball game. I guess you are not doing hammer head turns with that one. I'm glad I dont have to work on it! My son's great grandfather's last tour in the Navy had him flying big helos off Ships(his first was being launched off back of battleships in Kingfishers durring WW2). When retiring he was getting civilian checkrides and the FAA guy wanted him to do a full auto. Being a 20,000+lb ship he told the man no, cant because of regs. FAA said he had to. He said ok and dropped the collective all the way. The drop had the FAA screaming and crying momma! He was so distracted he did not notice the power come on to cushin the drop. After they land the FAA guy ran away!

Tom