RCU Forums - View Single Post - Battery information/calculation?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Fliprob17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Battery information/calculation?

Wooooops........forgot to include the fact that packyj brought up. You DEFINITELY need one ESC for each motor. I was more talking about one battery handling both motors. I believe you can Y-harness one battery to run both, but your flight times will be very low, and with the specs. provided, you would be pushing that battery to the limits running both motors off of it. The prime setup is one ESC and one battery per motor. You could get a larger capacity single battery and Y harness it. All a matter of opinion and preference.

The link to the motor really does not say what the motor is going to pull as far as amps on a continuous and max. burst rate? But they do package the ESC with it as a combo, so you would hope it would work But at a max. of 15amps, X2 for both motors = 30amps, you are right at the max. cont. for the battery, and it will most likely get stressed and not have as long of a life under those conditions.

The setup in general looks ok, it is just a matter of deciding on one battery per ESC, or one larger battery Y harnessed to both ESC's. I would definitely recommend getting a power meter or watt meter of some kind and measuring the draw of the system with your prop selection and both motors running to make sure you know what your amp pull from the battery is at.