RCU Forums - View Single Post - cermark f16 prop jet
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 03:27 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cermark f16 prop jet

I have hitec 605/615 in mine. Work well. A bit heavy, but this thing needs the weight. (hhmmmm.. steel case servos ?)

Ailerons just need something good and reliable. Its not a 3D machine, you will not use 60deg of control throw.

Engine wise.... lots of choices out there. Hard to find a 'bad' engine of any kind. Yes, the Jett is more expensive - and I too like to eat (a bit too much at times) so I understand how that works.

Although I do advise, add up the cost of all involved. I recently went through an email exchange with an individual where he started with an OS91, added a header and full pipe, changed the bearings, went with a 7D carb... installed a PSP piston/liner set (mainly because he burnt up the stock one with an improperly tuned pipe) and it ran like his Jett 90. No doubt it did perform very well, but when I told him to add up what he had spent, I do not think even he understood how much all that costs. Point being, OS91 and a pipe setup (or adding a jett-stream/ultrathrust) is not that much less expensive - all things considered.

(**of note.. the OS91FX runs very well - right from the box - the one's ive played with recently ran very well. Im not sure why folks sometimes decide to play doctor/frankenstein)

One little gem I experiement with briefly (and a few guys are flying in sport planes) is the ST90 with the jett-stream added. With the sales and rebates on that engine, its a heck of a value. Im not 100% sure its right for the F-16 .... but it might be worth trying.