RCU Forums - View Single Post - 18% Fokker-D23 Project. HELP
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Bad Dawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18% Fokker-D23 Project. HELP

After more than a decade of procrastinating I am going to build an 18% Fokker D-23. It was Anthony Fokker's last fighter design. I am working from Fokker Heritage Trust original photos, drawings and plans (For which, I am in debt to Rob Ercavich (sp?). A Dutch modeler. Thanks Rob.)

http://www.dutch-aviation.nl/index5/...5-1%20D23.html

This is the largest model I have attempted and I expect the learning curve to be considerable. Those of you with experience in scratch building large scale can be a great help in keeping me out of dead ends. Please help?

The basics:
Wing; 82" span, 995 sq in. 22% nearly symetrical root, 16% semi-symetrical tip (from Fokker blue prints)
LOA 71" Twin boom, Pusher/ Puller