RCU Forums - View Single Post - How to: Post Pictures
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 12:10 AM
-Inverted-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to: Post Pictures

Since many users are unaware of how to post pictures, here is a easy how-to guide on getting your snapshots in your posts.

There are two ways to accomplish this task, we will discuss the built in upload feature first.

1. Hit the Post Reply button on the bottom of the thread.

2. Next, hit the Click Here to Upload Images and Files button.

3. Now, hit the Browse button.

4. Next, we will select the photo for upload, I'll use a picture of my mini-lst in this example. After you have found your photo just select Open to place the photo in your upload box. (Repeat this as many times as necessary depending on how many pictures you want to insert.)

5. It should now look very similar to this.

6. Finally, just hit Ok to place the photo in your post.

Now I will show you how to put pictures in your post without having to click on them to bring up the full image.

1. Head over to [link=http://www.imageshack.us]www.imageshack.us[/link] , this is where we will begin.

2. Hit Browse to begin.

3. Now, we will find the picture to upload, I will be using the same photo. Simply select your photo and click Open. ( Be sure to have the "Resize Image" box checked, and set at 640x480 if you are using a large photo)

4. Now, just hit Host It to upload your photo.

5. The next screen should have an array of links, don't worry though, we only need one. Choose the link titled Direct Link to Image and copy it. (Ctrl C / Edit Copy)

6. Now jet back to RCUniverse, we have some pictures to post! In the reply box hit Image. Your screen should then look like this.

7. Now, place your cursor between the "] [" (last and beginning bracket on the image tag.) Click so that your text bar is flashing, and paste your image link. Finally hit Ok to submit your post (don't do so until your done with your text.)

Hope you all enjoy,

-Inverted-