RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Car Actions "How to port a Nitro Engine"
Old 01-08-2007, 02:12 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RC Car Actions "How to port a Nitro Engine"

ORIGINAL: BCSavage

supertib - holy CRAP?! Makes my job look like my 4-yr-old did it with egg-beaters lol Nice job, how'd it turn out for you performance wise? Which motor was that for and did the sleeve originally have that big notch in the base or is that an extreme mod-job?

Thank you for the kind words, I am still somewhat of a rookie, but I do have alot of experience with working with metals and engines, so I went into this with a pretty solid skill set...

Anyways the pics of the sleeve are a Mach 427, and the crank is from a STS 30..... I did all the cutting on the sleeve including the big cutout on the front.. This particular Mach 427 is a race only motor used for Truggy in a Hellfire. The motor runs,idles and tunes amazingly well, it also is extremely efficient, on a indoor track we are getting 10 minutes run time, as the heats are 10 minutes and we dont need to refuel... The motor is incredably smooth and linear, with a feel almost like an electric engine, it has no hesitation and excelent throttle modualtion.... As well the motor makes very good power, nothing too insane though... IMO it is almost a perfect Truggy race engine .

Here is a tuning vid I shot of the motor, its hard to tell its performance in a bare feild, but it gives you an idea.... And yes it has a center diff and its still wheelies, he runs 30K in the center....

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...85989159158821